This place looks quiet.....

New to the Audi Q8 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Saint

This place looks quiet.....

Post by Saint » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:03 pm

Evening

Just waiting on a Vorsprung in Navarra Blue to be delivered - due mid November according to my dealer.

I'm coming from a Jaguar F-Pace (and two Jags before that) that has been the single most unreliable car I have ever owned. After 2 years I'm looking forward to some trouble free motoring!

Ty Rua

Re: This place looks quiet.....

Post by Ty Rua » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:50 pm

Nice, Saint. I too am coming from Jaguar to Audi, although i have an A6 Allroad and have decided on the e-tron. Test drove the Q8 and was very impressed. I would have had one but could only specify black interiors. Do you have Navarra blue with black? I would have specced Galaxy blue with a light grey, but is only available for German customers.

Saint

Post by Saint » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:21 pm

Yeah, I took Navarra with Black as it was basically my entire spec bar the colour. According to my dealer Galaxy with Grey is available in the UK on the Q8 but I would have had to wait till March as it's not a colour they're pre-ordering - they don't think it will be popular over here

Ty Rua

Post by Ty Rua » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:52 pm

There is a few Galaxy Blue's pre-ordered for sale. Looks amazing in bright light, but not so good in the dark. Still tempted - if the e-tron turns out to be as big a farce as the launch of the I-Pace I will re-visit the idea. Prefer a light colour interior after several dark ones.
Still, congrats on your car. Keen to hear your impressions even if I'm the only one here!
(Same on the e-tron forum)

Saint

Post by Saint » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Looks like I'm collecting next Monday, so should be able to start sharing impressions after that

Ty Rua

Post by Ty Rua » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Actually just off the phone re a Galaxy Blue Q8 in the north. Great spec - everything I wanted including Pano roof and tow bar but except roof bars which I need! Such a shame as I was sorely tempted. Can't be retro fitted it seems.

Saint

Post by Saint » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:49 pm

So, ran into a couple of niggles today while arranging collection next week. First up, Audi insurance (no idea who they're reselling) won't provide driveaway cover for a Vorsprung. It's too expensive and the agent I was speaking to said he'd had the same experience with a couple of people.

Secondly, EVERY insurance company requires a tracker to be fitted for a Vorsprung. It's over £75K, and even though I live in a very low risk area them's the rules. A bit disappointing of Audi not to have thought this stuff through, even if it would require an additional subscription. They're covering me for now but if it's stolen before I get the tracker fitted then I'm screwed

However, on the plus side, at least for the moment I got a discount on the insurance compared to my F-Pace - presumably because they have virtually no data to work from yet. I expect an uplifting on renewal

Ty Rua

Post by Ty Rua » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 pm

That seems crazy, Saint. Surely the price is immaterial, unless they're in big demand on the black market. Possible. I've had Audi Insurance on my A6 Allroad - very reasonable. Try Adrian Flux? Or I've had success with the RAC.
Also considering the Vorsrpung after speccing my choice to the hilt and there's not a lot of difference. Dial in a 11.3% discount and its below my target figure.
Stunning spec you have and seriously interested in your comparison to the F-Pace. The ride on the Jaguar was too harsh for my liking after a weekend trial. Placed a deposit on the I-Pace but the range and price, and the garage's less than interest, put us off so back to Audi. Still prevaricating,

Saint

Post by Saint » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 am

Yeah, it's a bit nuts, but pretty much every insurance company has an abritary cutoff of £75K vehicle value it seems - I rang around before just sticking with Direct Line and making the amendments.

I'm a bit more annoyed that Audi Driveaway won't cover it at all for 5 days, and that Audi themselves don;t include the tracker. At £83K (before I haggled) for the car it's a poor experience really.

Ty Rua

Post by Ty Rua » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:48 pm

No tracker for £80K? That's miserable. I thought the newer myAudi had tracking as standard....
Frustrating isn't it. The UK is the milch cow for German car makers. USA buyers would not tolerate it.

Return to “Introductions”